Happy October to Vectors readers!
The folks at Vectors love this month. It’s not just the looming candy and creepy costumes that give Halloween its unique flavor. It isn’t the disappearance of chlorophyll from our green and soon-to-be-greenless leaves, and the crunch of leaf piles that look like color pallets. It’s more than the familiar Americana of the World Series, and football season.
We also love that the academic year is still in its earlier stages, but also fully realized. Teachers and students are truly settled in.
We love that the name of the month comes from the Latin “octo” – eight – even though it’s the tenth month in our calendar. (January and February were later additions.)
We love feeling the days get shorter, the sunsets earlier, the temperatures cooler, the bedtimes cozier.
We love knowing that we’re in this together, across the northern hemisphere – and the fact that in the southern hemisphere, precisely the opposite is happening!
We like pumpkin spice everything. Sorry (not sorry)!
We love the classic U2 album “October” – which is, believe it or not, 35 years old this month. Has any epic rock band’s second album – the toughest album to pass muster – ever been so poetic about spirituality, about being alive? That’s rhetorical. But… perhaps not!
So in the spirit of the tenth month and the , we would love to read, and see, what October means to you – with your prose, or your digital photography. Teachers, students, and combinations thereof are invited to submit your “October” essays and photos. We will publish our favorites later this autumn.
- Please adhere to a 500-word maximum on essays.
- Please send us the names of everyone in the photo, as they would like it to appear in Vectors – plus everyone’s campus and grade for students, and campus and subjects/classes taught for teachers!
- The iPhone is a great way to send photos – choose the “medium” setting, with regard to file size.
- Please email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks in advance, and have a great month!
The Vectors Team
Latest posts by Team Vectors (see all)
- New Ranking Methodology? Same A+ Result for BASIS Charter Schools in 2019 Rankings U.S. News & World Report veers from “College Readiness” as a prime factor and ranks six times the number of schools – but BASIS Charters still dominate - April 30, 2019
- Soon Serving Students in Nation Number Four - October 22, 2018
- ICYMI: Vital Links You May Have Missed Arizona Chamber Foundation Profiles BASIS; Prescott’s 4th Grade Researchers; BASIS Is Big Data; Our Co-Founders Open Up - June 7, 2018
- ‘A Lesson In Learning’ CBS News doesn't overbid as it profiles BASIS Independent Silicon Valley - June 2, 2018
- BREAKING NEWS: Break Out the Broom BASIS Curriculum Schools Sweep Top Five Spots in the 2018 U.S. News & World Report Rankings - May 11, 2018
- Backing up BASIS Curriculum Schools Scottsdale Mayor Jim Lane Appreciates the Network, and What It Does For Students - May 11, 2018
- BASIS Heads of School react to the Astounding U.S. News & World Report Rankings - May 11, 2018
- We Do Data EdTech Magazine Looks at Schools and Districts Using High Tech Info Gathering To Deliver for Students - April 13, 2018
- B-I Takes a Look at BINS A Unique Profile of a Unique Campus in California - March 19, 2018
- Real News about BASIS Charter Schools - March 12, 2018