We wanted to alert you of a pretty cool piece on the Voice of America website.
The piece focuses on the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, or OECD, and its quest to help school systems on the nation, regional, and local levels improve student outcomes and provide education reforms where they’re needed… through data.
Sound familiar? It should. This is what we do – and thus our network is a focus of the piece. BASIS Curriculum Schools, from the network’s academic leaders and their oversight of the BASIS Curriculum, down to individual schools, academic departments, and teachers, use data in many forms. We constantly assess how well we’re teaching, how to utilize what is working well across the network, and how to improve on what isn’t working as well as we desire.
In fact, OECD itself knows very well that the BASIS Curriculum Schools network embraces data. That’s why, in its recently-launched program called “pisa4u” (read, ‘PISA for you’), OECD is highlighting our data embrace. And that’s why we’re a part of this cool piece.
Oh – and there is even a video of our co-founders in the Voice of America article, (scroll about halfway down), which you can find, here.
- BASIS Charter Schools Reach New Heights in the 2020 U.S. News & World Report Rankings While the 2020 rankings methodology still veers from schools with our network's 'college readiness' goal, nine of our campuses are still ranked in the nation's 99.6th percentile and 5 are in the top 25 STEM schools nationally! - April 23, 2020
- Making Education Better Via a Blockbuster New Partnership The Better Education Company, from the co-founders of BASIS Charter Schools, will help students nationwide - February 27, 2020
- New Ranking Methodology? Same A+ Result for BASIS Charter Schools in 2019 Rankings U.S. News & World Report veers from “College Readiness” as a prime factor and ranks six times the number of schools – but BASIS Charters still dominate - April 30, 2019
- Soon Serving Students in Nation Number Four - October 22, 2018
- ICYMI: Vital Links You May Have Missed Arizona Chamber Foundation Profiles BASIS; Prescott’s 4th Grade Researchers; BASIS Is Big Data; Our Co-Founders Open Up - June 7, 2018
- ‘A Lesson In Learning’ CBS News doesn't overbid as it profiles BASIS Independent Silicon Valley - June 2, 2018
- BREAKING NEWS: Break Out the Broom BASIS Curriculum Schools Sweep Top Five Spots in the 2018 U.S. News & World Report Rankings - May 11, 2018
- Backing up BASIS Curriculum Schools Scottsdale Mayor Jim Lane Appreciates the Network, and What It Does For Students - May 11, 2018
- BASIS Heads of School react to the Astounding U.S. News & World Report Rankings - May 11, 2018
- We Do Data EdTech Magazine Looks at Schools and Districts Using High Tech Info Gathering To Deliver for Students - April 13, 2018