During this 20th anniversary of the BASIS Curriculum, our network is proud to announce the opening of a school in a brand new nation. BASIS International School Bangkok will open in Thailand next autumn – the fourth country where BASIS Curriculum Schools are raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels.
As of this writing, the BASIS Curriculum is taught in thirty-seven schools in six states plus the District of Columbia. Earlier this school year, with the opening of BASIS Beginners Prague, our network stepped smartly into its third nation, following the United States, of course, as well as China, where there are now four BASIS Curriculum Schools.
BASIS International School Bangkok will open in September 2019 in the Central Rama 2 area – as the network’s sixth international school to teach the BASIS Curriculum to young students.
“You’ve heard this before, but it’s obviously worth mentioning again: our network raises the levels of student learning to the highest international standards – and our new school in Thailand will, too,” said Carolyn McGarvey, a veteran of a number of school openings in the BASIS Curriculum Schools network who is CEO of the entity overseeing BASIS International School Bangkok. “This is what we do. The students here are going to be as successful as our students in China and the United States. And it’s going to be quite a campus!”
The Head of School of the Bangkok campus is another veteran of the network – Elizabeth Thies, who has been a teacher and administrator for BASIS Curriculum Schools for eleven years. Thies was most recently Head of School at BASIS Oro Valley, which has consistently been ranked recently among the best schools in the United States. She is in the process of hiring managers, teachers, and staff, and building the new school for next fall. “This is a BASIS Curriculum campus,” she said. “Everything that our network does well – everything that our students can do – will happen on this campus, too. It’s very exciting to be doing all of these familiar things that work well with our network, our teachers, our students, and out families – but in a brand new country, a brand new home!”
The neighborhood where the school is located — Central Rama 2 — is across the river from downtown Bangkok. It is close enough to enjoy all of the conveniences that Bangkok has to offer, but removed enough to offer a respite from the daily hustle of the very big city, which is home to more than eight million people.
The Central Rama 2 neighborhood offers many conveniences of its own, such as expatriate-friendly grocery stores, modern cinema, and many familiar stores. Park Village, the housing that is provided for teachers and staff, is located across the street from the BASIS International School Bangkok campus and offers a number of amenities, including multiple restaurants and shops, as well as a gym and a spa. BASIS International School Bangkok’s location offers the unique opportunity to both experience many distinct wonders of Thailand, while also having a number of familiar comforts.
The new Bangkok school was conceived after studies showed a growing demand in Thailand for more ambitious educational options there.
There was quite a lot of demand for the BASIS International Schools which have opened in China – first in Shenzhen in 2015, then in Guangzhou in 2017, and earlier this school year in Hangzhou, and in Huizhou, the location of BASIS International School Park Lane Harbour.
“In today’s digitized global world, the need for professional, multilingual international teachers with a real interest in children’s futures and an ability to help structure them is regarded as increasingly important,” said McGarvey. “That’s the goal of BASIS International School Bangkok: putting children in a place that provides them with the best opportunities for what lies ahead.”
Initially, the Bangkok school will serve students up to 5th grade, adding a minimum of one extra grade a year.
If you know anyone who might like additional information about BASIS International School Bangkok, please show them this article, and suggest they visit https://basisinternationalbkk.com.
- Making Education Better Via a Blockbuster New Partnership The Better Education Company, from the co-founders of BASIS Charter Schools, will help students nationwide - February 27, 2020
- New Ranking Methodology? Same A+ Result for BASIS Charter Schools in 2019 Rankings U.S. News & World Report veers from “College Readiness” as a prime factor and ranks six times the number of schools – but BASIS Charters still dominate - April 30, 2019
- Soon Serving Students in Nation Number Four - October 22, 2018
- ICYMI: Vital Links You May Have Missed Arizona Chamber Foundation Profiles BASIS; Prescott’s 4th Grade Researchers; BASIS Is Big Data; Our Co-Founders Open Up - June 7, 2018
- ‘A Lesson In Learning’ CBS News doesn't overbid as it profiles BASIS Independent Silicon Valley - June 2, 2018
- BREAKING NEWS: Break Out the Broom BASIS Curriculum Schools Sweep Top Five Spots in the 2018 U.S. News & World Report Rankings - May 11, 2018
- Backing up BASIS Curriculum Schools Scottsdale Mayor Jim Lane Appreciates the Network, and What It Does For Students - May 11, 2018
- BASIS Heads of School react to the Astounding U.S. News & World Report Rankings - May 11, 2018
- We Do Data EdTech Magazine Looks at Schools and Districts Using High Tech Info Gathering To Deliver for Students - April 13, 2018
- B-I Takes a Look at BINS A Unique Profile of a Unique Campus in California - March 19, 2018