However, it’s deservedly receiving some attention a lot like our network’s more aged campuses!
As you may have read in Vectors, Business Insider toured BASIS Scottsdale last fall, and the senior reporter Melia Robinson was impressed with that campus, but also with the BASIS Curriculum Schools network itself. She told us that she’d like to take a look at one of our newer campuses that was keeping clearly pace, doing what she had seen the BASIS Curriculum do with an established school and community. Given her proximity to the Bay Area, together we thought BASIS Independent Silicon Valley was worth a look.
“We’re always happy to tell someone who is interested about our laboratories of learning,” said Head of School Toby Walker. “We’re not here for the notoriety, but as long as it doesn’t interfere with the real work that our students and teachers do, we’re fine with it!”
The result was a lovely day for Ms. Robinson in San Jose, and a very nice piece showcasing, yet again, what the BASIS Curriculum is doing not just at this newly-profiled school, but across the network.
You can read the piece right here. Enjoy!
- BASIS Charter Schools Reach New Heights in the 2020 U.S. News & World Report Rankings While the 2020 rankings methodology still veers from schools with our network's 'college readiness' goal, nine of our campuses are still ranked in the nation's 99.6th percentile and 5 are in the top 25 STEM schools nationally! - April 23, 2020
- Making Education Better Via a Blockbuster New Partnership The Better Education Company, from the co-founders of BASIS Charter Schools, will help students nationwide - February 27, 2020
- New Ranking Methodology? Same A+ Result for BASIS Charter Schools in 2019 Rankings U.S. News & World Report veers from “College Readiness” as a prime factor and ranks six times the number of schools – but BASIS Charters still dominate - April 30, 2019
- Soon Serving Students in Nation Number Four - October 22, 2018
- ICYMI: Vital Links You May Have Missed Arizona Chamber Foundation Profiles BASIS; Prescott’s 4th Grade Researchers; BASIS Is Big Data; Our Co-Founders Open Up - June 7, 2018
- ‘A Lesson In Learning’ CBS News doesn't overbid as it profiles BASIS Independent Silicon Valley - June 2, 2018
- BREAKING NEWS: Break Out the Broom BASIS Curriculum Schools Sweep Top Five Spots in the 2018 U.S. News & World Report Rankings - May 11, 2018
- Backing up BASIS Curriculum Schools Scottsdale Mayor Jim Lane Appreciates the Network, and What It Does For Students - May 11, 2018
- BASIS Heads of School react to the Astounding U.S. News & World Report Rankings - May 11, 2018
- We Do Data EdTech Magazine Looks at Schools and Districts Using High Tech Info Gathering To Deliver for Students - April 13, 2018