The BASIS Curriculum has connected the foundations of traditional education with the needs and opportunities of the future for twenty years. (Yes indeed – the 20th anniversary of the network approaches – this autumn!)
Our classrooms are often described as traditional: teachers teach, students learn, and there are white boards and textbooks and notebooks and pencils strewn about. High-tech classroom tools and tablets and hardware and software, while at-times present, are mostly, usually, in the background.
However, when it comes to the high-tech, cutting edge use of data, the BASIS Curriculum Schools network is at the forefront. Our network uses technology and data to inform teacher hiring, student learning, and curricular advancement, with consistency. Data is one of the things that makes the BASIS Curriculum and BASIS Curriculum Schools, what they are. It’s what makes us able to do the thing we do: give students the opportunity for excellent academic and educational outcomes.
A publication called EdTech Magazine noticed. They called. They were intrigued… and intrigue turned into a really nice article (read it by clicking here), which looks at schools and districts using data and tech. The reporter spoke with several BASIS Curriculum Schools network execs, and we think it’s pretty unique, and well worth reading.
- Making Education Better Via a Blockbuster New Partnership The Better Education Company, from the co-founders of BASIS Charter Schools, will help students nationwide - February 27, 2020
- New Ranking Methodology? Same A+ Result for BASIS Charter Schools in 2019 Rankings U.S. News & World Report veers from “College Readiness” as a prime factor and ranks six times the number of schools – but BASIS Charters still dominate - April 30, 2019
- Soon Serving Students in Nation Number Four - October 22, 2018
- ICYMI: Vital Links You May Have Missed Arizona Chamber Foundation Profiles BASIS; Prescott’s 4th Grade Researchers; BASIS Is Big Data; Our Co-Founders Open Up - June 7, 2018
- ‘A Lesson In Learning’ CBS News doesn't overbid as it profiles BASIS Independent Silicon Valley - June 2, 2018
- BREAKING NEWS: Break Out the Broom BASIS Curriculum Schools Sweep Top Five Spots in the 2018 U.S. News & World Report Rankings - May 11, 2018
- Backing up BASIS Curriculum Schools Scottsdale Mayor Jim Lane Appreciates the Network, and What It Does For Students - May 11, 2018
- BASIS Heads of School react to the Astounding U.S. News & World Report Rankings - May 11, 2018
- We Do Data EdTech Magazine Looks at Schools and Districts Using High Tech Info Gathering To Deliver for Students - April 13, 2018
- B-I Takes a Look at BINS A Unique Profile of a Unique Campus in California - March 19, 2018