We are excited to unveil to you the fruits of a couple of non-stop days in October — our BASIS Independent videos! Back in December, we shared with you our first video in the series, our BASIS Independent Parent Video. Check out the BASIS Independent Parent Video here.
Here’s a refresher on the project: Over the course of three days, we filmed three separate videos: one about the family experience with our school, the teacher perspective on what it’s like to work here, and the student perspective on what it is like to learn here. We love these videos and hope you do, too.
They are raw, spur of the moment, unscripted reflections of what it’s like to be a part of the BASIS Independent community.
They breathe life into Education Redefined and demonstrate what happens when you combine an accelerated, rigorous curriculum with exceptional, expert educators in an environment of support and deep respect for the art and science of learning.
Anyone who has come for a visit, tour, or interacted with our team in any capacity knows how much we love our teachers and how, structurally, our administration is set up to serve their needs and support them as professionals. Their passion and subject matter expertise is the secret ingredient to our student happiness and why BASIS.ed schools have the reputation of excellence that we have. Our teachers are the best kind of role model — they manage their classrooms by earning and offering respect, by showing not telling, and by embodying the continual pursuit of improvement and learning for learning’s sake. They remind us every day what an art & science it is to teach.
Get to know them better here:
- New Arts Enrichment Program Coming to BASIS Curriculum Schools BASIS Phoenix Central Will Launch the Program for the 2019-2020 School Year - October 12, 2018
- The Student Becomes the Teacher Why Senior Projects Are Spectacular - September 5, 2016
- BASIS.ed in BuzzFeed (And How To Fall In Love With School Again) - May 27, 2016
- The Art and Science of Teaching - April 19, 2016
- A Day in the Life of a 5th Grade Bobcat - April 19, 2016
- Teacher Training 101 - October 1, 2015