Our teachers don’t come out of thin air. In fact, they come from the professional workforce much more often than they arrive from education programs at the university level! Many of our teachers have real world experience in the subjects they teach, and as you already know, they are always truly passionate about their area of expertise.
Thus it’s a happy and purposeful springtime, again, which means growth for BASIS.ed, too.
BASIS.ed is seeking teachers who want to work in a highly social and uniquely collaborative environment.
We are looking for teachers who:
- Are passionate about your subject — and the learning experience of your students
- Are hungry to become a value-added teacher who gives your students access to choices they might otherwise never have
- Are eager to join a high-energy, high-performing team that gives you real responsibility and leadership opportunities at once
- Are ready for this challenge right now
As an educational community we:
- Embrace a system that balances unity and support across our classrooms through common high standards
- Empower teachers to find innovative ways to meet those standards
- Provide structured guidance through a network of “Subject Advisers” — mentor teachers sprinkled throughout our schools
- Will foster your own development as a teacher, encourage your ambition, and will never hand you a fully-written curriculum
Here are a couple of additional key facts about BASIS:
- Our gold standard international network of schools provides you with incredible opportunity, whether you decide to stay in the classroom and grow as a curricular expert, or move into school management
- We are growing rapidly, and currently manage open enrollment, tuition free public charter schools in AZ, TX and Washington, D.C.; private tuition-based schools in the great metro areas of Brooklyn, Silicon Valley, and N. Virginia; and the first of many international schools in Shenzhen, China
- Ours is an environment that’s highly social, supportive and collaborative. Our teacher technology platform ensures that you’ll have crowd-sourced access to the best curricular innovations, syllabi, and lesson plans already generated and actively shared by our teachers across the nation and around the world
All in all, BASIS.ed is the most acclaimed PreK-Grade12 learning community in America, and as such, this is what we tell our prospective teachers:
This is our truth: our schools are great because at their heart is the co-creative life of our classrooms, in which teachers and students are deeply involved together in learning. Since our founding 18 years ago, we have treated the classroom as sacrosanct, and the student-teacher relationship as the most vital part of our program. Not a bad place to invest in yourself, your ambitions, and your passion.
If you know anyone whom you think might make a great teacher, please feel free to send them this piece! BASIS.ed would love to start a conversation, and see if teaching is a potential fit.
Dr. Peter J. Bezanson is the CEO of BASIS.ed. Phil Handler is the Director of Communications, and Managing Editor of Vectors, for BASIS Educational Ventures. Please visit jobs.basised.com for specific information on careers at BASIS.ed, and jobs that are currently available!