At the core of Michael and Olga Block’s educational vision is a belief that the goal of a great education is to provide students with choices, with unbounded opportunities, to send them to college and into their professional lives empowered by the broad and deep content knowledge and critical thinking skills that will enable them to craft their own futures.
From the beginning their vision has been more ambitious than opening the best school in Tucson, or Scottsdale or even Arizona. It is to create a dynamic network of the finest schools in the world that can represent America at its best: a pre-K – 12 fusion of creativity, innovation and rigorous experimentation and problem-solving that is the signature of such legendary intellectual communities as Bell Labs and the NASA Apollo program.
Today this network of schools uniquely encompasses open-enrollment public charter schools across the nation, private schools in the major US metropolitan areas, and international schools.
Whilst each type of school offers programs and facilities appropriate to the communities served, at the core of this dynamic network is a common mission: BASIS.ed is redefining education and leading the U. S. and the world in producing breathtaking learning results.
The promise of this vision is that expert, passionate teachers inspire their students to fall in love with learning, with the satisfaction to be gained from hard work, with the joy of intellectual and creative effort and with the acceptance of struggle and failure as an inevitable part of a productive and stimulating life.
Learning is BASIS.ed’s business. We manage some of the best schools in the world and we are working hard to ensure that more and more students will have access to the opportunity and choices we open for them in this uncertain, volatile world.
Latest posts by Dr. Q Mark Reford (see all)
- Butterfly Effect – BASIS Phoenix Central - December 6, 2017
- Reverse Ravel – BASIS Chandler - December 6, 2017
- Begin Again – BASIS Tucson - October 19, 2017
- The Life Electric Growth and Sustainability at BASIS Curriculum Schools - April 25, 2017
- What OECD / PISA Is And Why You Should Care - November 4, 2016
- In Schools Today, It Is Time To Look Outward - October 20, 2016
- Common Core Math: Education and the Clinical Trial - May 27, 2016
- Educational Justice is Grounded in School Rankings - April 19, 2016
- Our Educational Vision - April 19, 2016